San Diego Therapist Nicole Kahn
Eastern Viewpoints in Healing
- A Path With Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life, by Jack Kornfield
- Awakening The Buddha Within, by Lama Durya Das
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With The Heart Of A Buddha, by Tara Brach, Ph.D.
- Letting Go of the Person You Used To Be, by Lama Surya Das
- Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self, by Andoea Judith
- The Art of Happiness, by the Dalai Lama
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice For Difficult Times, by Pema Chodron
- The Five Things We Cannot Change: And the Happiness We Find by Embracing Them, by David Richo
- Dancing With Life: Buddhists Insights For Finding Meaning and Joy In The Face of Suffering, by Phillip Moffitt
- The Wise Heart, by Jack Kornfield
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie
- Let Go: A Buddhist Guide to Breaking Free of Habits, by Martine Batchelor
- Awakening To The Sacred, by Lama Surya Das
- Dharma Punx, by Noah Levine
- Eating in the Light of the Moon, by Anita Johnston, Ph.D.
- When Food is Love, by Geneen Roth
- The Pathway, by Laurel Mellin
- Breaking Free From Emotional Eating, by Geneen Roth
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction, by Gabor Mate, M.D.
- The Mastery of Love, by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Getting the Love You Want, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Intimate Connections, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Co-Dependent No More, by Melody Beattie
- Facing Co-Dependence: What It Is, Where It Comes From, How it Sabotages our Lives, by Pia Mellody
- Receiving Love, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Spiritual Divorce, by Debbie Ford
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, by Sue Johnson, Ph.D.
- Anxious to Please: 7 Revolutionary Pratices for the Chronically Nice, by James Rapson & Craig English
- Getting The Sex You Want, by Tammy Nelson, L.P.C.
- The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, by Daniel Siegel
- Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships, by Christopher Ryan & Cacilda Jetha
- Undefended Love, by Jett Psaris, Ph.D., & Marlena S. Lyon, Ph.D.
- How Can I Get Through to You? Reconnecting Men and Women, by Terrence Real
- When I Say No, I Feel Guilty, by Manuel J. Smith, Ph.D.
- Conscious Loving, by Gay Hendricks, Ph.D. & Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D.
- Mating In Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic, by Esther Perel
- Backwards: Returning to Our Source for Answers, by Nanci L. Danison
- Conversations with God, by Neale Donald Walsch
- The Shack, by WM. Paul Young
- God Is A Verb: Kabbalah and The Practice of Mystical Judaism, by Rabbi David A. Cooper
- The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended, by Ainslie MacLeod
- Soulful Spirituality: Becoming Fully Alive and Deeply Human, by David G. Benner, Ph.D.
- The Road Less Traveled, by M. Scott Peck, M.D.
- Necessary Losses, by Judith Viorst
- The Mind of the Soul, by Gary Zukav & Linda Francis
- Keeping the Love You Find, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- In the Meantime, by Iyanla Vanzant
- The Truth Will Set You Free, by Alice Miller
- How Full is Your Bucket?, by Tom Rath and Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D.
- Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self, by Sarah Ban Breathnach
- The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Way of The Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman
- The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
- The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel H. Pink
Depression and Anxiety
- Feeling Good--The New Mood Therapy, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- The Feeling Good Handbook, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Soul Without Shame: A Guide to Liberating Yourself From the Judge Within, by Byron Brown
- Learn to Relax, by Mike George
- Healing The Shame That Binds You, by John Bradshaw
- The UltraMind Solution: The Simple Way to Defeat Depression, Overcome Anxiety, and Sharpen Your Mind, by Mark Hyman, M.D.
- Who Moved My Cheese?, by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- Transitions, by William Bridges
Body-Oriented Healing/Pain Management
- You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay
- The Edge Effect, by Eric R. Braverman, M.D.
- Spontaneous Healing, by Andrew Weil, M.D.
- Break Through Pain, by Shinzen Young
- Waking The Tiger, by Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- In An Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Truama and Restores Goodness, by Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- Scared Sick: The Role of Childhood Trauma in Adult Disease, by Robin Karr-Morse
- The Female Brain, by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- The Male Brain, by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks For Developing Capable Young People, by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D. & H. Stephen Glenn
- Positive Discipline, by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.
- Help Your Child or Teen Get Back on Track, by Kenneth H. Talan, M.D.
- Parenting From the Inside Out, by Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell
Nicole provides counseling and therapy to individuals, adults, teens, couples and families. She treats issues including depression, anxiety, grief, loss, healing trauma, eliminating overeating, weight management, stress management, life transitions, personal growth, self-esteem, relationships, premarital counseling, improving communication and chronic pain. Nicole serves the greater San Diego area including La Jolla, University City, Clairemont, Kearny Mesa, Mira Mesa, UTC, Sorrento Valley, Carmel Valley, Del Mar, Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, and Point Loma.