Eastern Viewpoints in Healing
- A Path With Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life, by Jack Kornfield
- Awakening The Buddha Within, by Lama Durya Das
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With The Heart Of A Buddha, by Tara Brach, Ph.D.
- Letting Go of the Person You Used To Be, by Lama Surya Das
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life, by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Art of Happiness, by the Dalai Lama
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice For Difficult Times, by Pema Chodron
- The Five Things We Cannot Change: And the Happiness We Find by Embracing Them, by David Richo
- Dancing With Life: Buddhists Insights For Finding Meaning and Joy In The Face of Suffering, by Phillip Moffitt
- The Wise Heart, by Jack Kornfield
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie
- Let Go: A Buddhist Guide to Breaking Free of Habits, by Martine Batchelor
- Awakening To The Sacred, by Lama Surya Das
- Dharma Punx, by Noah Levine
- Saltwater Buddha: A Surfer’s Quest to Find Zen on the Sea, by Jaimal Yogis
- The Zen Path Through Depression, by Philip Martin
- Be Here Now, by Ram Dass
Intimate Relationships & Sexuality
- The Mastery of Love, by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Getting the Love You Want, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Intimate Connections, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Receiving Love, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Spiritual Divorce, by Debbie Ford
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, by Sue Johnson, Ph.D.
- Getting The Sex You Want, by Tammy Nelson, L.P.C.
- The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, by Daniel Siegel
- Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships, by Christopher Ryan & Cacilda Jetha
- Undefended Love, by Jett Psaris, Ph.D., & Marlena S. Lyon, Ph.D.
- How Can I Get Through to You? Reconnecting Men and Women, by Terrence Real
- Conscious Loving, by Gay Hendricks, Ph.D. & Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D.
- Mating In Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic, by Esther Perel
- Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner’s Brain and Attachment Style Can Help You Defuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship, By Stan Tatkin, PysD., MFT
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find – and Keep – Love, by Amir Levine & Rachel Heller
- Slow Sex: The Art and Craft of the Female Orgasm, by Nicole Daedone
- Co-Dependent No More, by Melody Beattie
- Facing Co-Dependence: What It Is, Where It Comes From, How it Sabotages our Lives, by Pia Mellody
- When I Say No, I Feel Guilty, by Manuel J. Smith, Ph.D.
- Stop Caretaking The Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get on With Life, by Margalis Fjelstad
- Anxious to Please: 7 Revolutionary Pratices for the Chronically Nice, by James Rapson & Craig English
- Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder, by Paul Mason, M.S. & Randi Kreger
- How Can I Forgive You?: The Courage to Forgive, the Freedom Not To, by Janis A. Spring
- Dodging Energy Vampires: An Empath’s Guide to Evading Relationships That Drain You and Restoring Your Health and Power, by Christiane Northrup, M.D.
Depression and Anxiety
- The Highly Sensitive Person, by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D
- Feeling Good–The New Mood Therapy, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- The Feeling Good Handbook, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Soul Without Shame: A Guide to Liberating Yourself From the Judge Within, by Byron Brown
- Learn to Relax, by Mike George
- Healing The Shame That Binds You, by John Bradshaw
- The UltraMind Solution: The Simple Way to Defeat Depression, Overcome Anxiety, and Sharpen Your Mind, by Mark Hyman, M.D.
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self, by Alice Miller
- Waking The Tiger, by Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- In An Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Truama and Restores Goodness, by Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- Scared Sick: The Role of Childhood Trauma in Adult Disease, by Robin Karr-Morse
- The Body Bears the Burden: Trauma, Dissociation, and Disease, by Robert Scaer
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, by Bessel van der Kolk M.D
- Trauma and Memory: Brain and Body in a Search for the Living Past: A Practical Guide for Understanding and Working with Traumatic Memory, by Peter A. Levine Ph.D.
- Healing Developmental Trauma: How Early Trauma Affects Self-Regulation, Self-Image, and the Capacity for Relationship, by Laurence Heller Ph.D. & Aline LaPierre, Psy.D.
- It Didn’t Start with You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle, by Mark Wolynn
- Nurturing Resilience: Helping Clients Move Forward from Developmental Trauma–An Integrative Somatic Approach, by Kathy Kain and Stephen Terrell
Eating Issues & Other Addictions
- Eating in the Light of the Moon, by Anita Johnston, Ph.D.
- When Food is Love, by Geneen Roth
- The Pathway, by Laurel Mellin
- Breaking Free From Emotional Eating, by Geneen Roth
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction, by Gabor Mate, M.D.
- Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way You Love, by
by Pia Mellody & Andrea Wells Miller
- Sex, Drugs, Gambling & Chocolate: A Workbook for Overcoming Addictions, by A. Thomas Horvath
- The Biology of Desire: Why Addiction Is Not a Disease, by Marc Lewis, Ph.D.
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, by Marianne Williamson
- Backwards: Returning to Our Source for Answers, by Nanci L. Danison
- Conversations with God, by Neale Donald Walsch
- The Shack, by WM. Paul Young
- God Is A Verb: Kabbalah and The Practice of Mystical Judaism, by Rabbi David A. Cooper
- The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended, by Ainslie MacLeod
- Soulful Spirituality: Becoming Fully Alive and Deeply Human, by David G. Benner, Ph.D.
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Near‑Death Experience and Journey into the Afterlife, by Eben Alexander, M.D.
- Messages From The Masters, by Brian Weiss, M.D.
- Journey of Souls, by Michael Newton
- Play: How It Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul, by Stuart Brown
- The Road Less Traveled, by M. Scott Peck, M.D.
- The Mind of the Soul, by Gary Zukav & Linda Francis
- Keeping the Love You Find, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- In the Meantime, by Iyanla Vanzant
- The Truth Will Set You Free, by Alice Miller
- How Full is Your Bucket?, by Tom Rath and Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D.
- Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self, by Sarah Ban Breathnach
- The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Way of The Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman
- The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
- The Artist’s Way, by Julia Cameron
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel H. Pink
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, by Brené Brown
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality, by Pam Grout
- Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life, by Gregg Levoy
Body-Oriented Healing/Pain Management
- You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay
- Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self, by Andoea Judith
- The Edge Effect, by Eric R. Braverman, M.D.
- Spontaneous Healing, by Andrew Weil, M.D.
- Break Through Pain, by Shinzen Young
- The Female Brain, by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- The Male Brain, by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers, by Robert M. Sapolsky
- NeuroLogic: The Brain’s Hidden Rationale Behind our Irrational Behavior, by Eliezer Sternberg
- Who Moved My Cheese?, by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- Transitions, by William Bridges
- Necessary Losses, by Judith Viorst
- Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks For Developing Capable Young People, by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D. & H. Stephen Glenn
- Positive Discipline, by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.
- Help Your Child or Teen Get Back on Track, by Kenneth H. Talan, M.D.
- Parenting From the Inside Out, by Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- Fire Child, Water Child: How Understanding the Five Types of ADHD Can Help You Improve Your Child’s Self-Esteem and Attention, by Stephen Cowan, M.D.
- The Highly Sensitive Child: Helping Our Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them, by Elaine Aron
- Trauma-Proofing Your Kids: A Parents’ Guide for Instilling Confidence, Joy and Resilience, by Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline
- Authentic Parenting Power, by Sandi Schwartz
- The Spiritual Child: The New Science on Parenting for Health and Lifelong Thriving, by Dr. Lisa Miller
Nicole provides counseling and therapy to individuals, adults, teens, couples and families. She treats issues including depression, anxiety, grief, loss, healing trauma, addiction recovery, eliminating overeating, weight management, stress management, life transitions, personal growth, self-esteem, relationships, premarital counseling, improving communication and chronic pain. Nicole serves the greater San Diego area including La Jolla, University City, Clairemont, Kearny Mesa, Mira Mesa, UTC, Sorrento Valley, Carmel Valley, Del Mar, Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, and Point Loma.