Eastern Viewpoints in Healing
- A Path With Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life, by Jack Kornfield
- Awakening The Buddha Within, by Lama Durya Das
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With The Heart Of A Buddha, by Tara Brach, Ph.D.
- Letting Go of the Person You Used To Be, by Lama Surya Das
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life, by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Art of Happiness, by the Dalai Lama
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice For Difficult Times, by Pema Chodron
- The Five Things We Cannot Change: And the Happiness We Find by Embracing Them, by David Richo
- Dancing With Life: Buddhists Insights For Finding Meaning and Joy In The Face of Suffering, by Phillip Moffitt
- The Wise Heart, by Jack Kornfield
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie
- Let Go: A Buddhist Guide to Breaking Free of Habits, by Martine Batchelor
- Awakening To The Sacred, by Lama Surya Das
Intimate Relationships & Sexuality
- The Mastery of Love, by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Getting the Love You Want, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Intimate Connections, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Receiving Love, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- Spiritual Divorce, by Debbie Ford
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, by Sue Johnson, Ph.D.
- Getting The Sex You Want, by Tammy Nelson, L.P.C.
- The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, by Daniel Siegel
- Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships, by Christopher Ryan & Cacilda Jetha
- Undefended Love, by Jett Psaris, Ph.D., & Marlena S. Lyon, Ph.D.
- How Can I Get Through to You? Reconnecting Men and Women, by Terrence Real
- Conscious Loving, by Gay Hendricks, Ph.D. & Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D.
- Mating In Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic, by Esther Perel
- Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner’s Brain and Attachment Style Can Help You Defuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship, By Stan Tatkin, PysD., MFT
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find – and Keep – Love, by Amir Levine & Rachel Heller
- Slow Sex: The Art and Craft of the Female Orgasm, by Nicole Daedone
- The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity, by Esther Perel
- Co-Dependent No More, by Melody Beattie
- Facing Co-Dependence: What It Is, Where It Comes From, How it Sabotages our Lives, by Pia Mellody
- When I Say No, I Feel Guilty, by Manuel J. Smith, Ph.D.
- Stop Caretaking The Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get on With Life, by Margalis Fjelstad
- Anxious to Please: 7 Revolutionary Pratices for the Chronically Nice, by James Rapson & Craig English
- Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder, by Paul Mason, M.S. & Randi Kreger
- How Can I Forgive You?: The Courage to Forgive, the Freedom Not To, by Janis A. Spring
- Dodging Energy Vampires: An Empath’s Guide to Evading Relationships That Drain You and Restoring Your Health and Power, by Christiane Northrup, M.D.
- Energetic Boundaries, by Cyndi Dale
Depression and Anxiety
- The Highly Sensitive Person, by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D
- Feeling Good–The New Mood Therapy, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- The Feeling Good Handbook, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Soul Without Shame: A Guide to Liberating Yourself From the Judge Within, by Byron Brown
- Learn to Relax, by Mike George
- Healing The Shame That Binds You, by John Bradshaw
- The UltraMind Solution: The Simple Way to Defeat Depression, Overcome Anxiety, and Sharpen Your Mind, by Mark Hyman, M.D.
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self, by Alice Miller
- Waking The Tiger, by Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- In An Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Truama and Restores Goodness, by Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- Scared Sick: The Role of Childhood Trauma in Adult Disease, by Robin Karr-Morse
- The Body Bears the Burden: Trauma, Dissociation, and Disease, by Robert Scaer
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, by Bessel van der Kolk M.D
- Trauma and Memory: Brain and Body in a Search for the Living Past: A Practical Guide for Understanding and Working with Traumatic Memory, by Peter A. Levine Ph.D.
- Healing Developmental Trauma: How Early Trauma Affects Self-Regulation, Self-Image, and the Capacity for Relationship, by Laurence Heller Ph.D. & Aline LaPierre, Psy.D.
- It Didn’t Start with You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle, by Mark Wolynn
- Nurturing Resilience: Helping Clients Move Forward from Developmental Trauma–An Integrative Somatic Approach, by Kathy Kain and Stephen Terrell
- The ACOA Trauma Syndrome: The Impact of Childhood Pain on Adult Relationships,
by Tian Dayton PhD
Eating Issues & Other Addictions
- Eating in the Light of the Moon, by Anita Johnston, Ph.D.
- When Food is Love, by Geneen Roth
- The Pathway, by Laurel Mellin
- Breaking Free From Emotional Eating, by Geneen Roth
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction, by Gabor Mate, M.D.
- Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way You Love, by
by Pia Mellody & Andrea Wells Miller
- Sex, Drugs, Gambling & Chocolate: A Workbook for Overcoming Addictions, by A. Thomas Horvath
- The Biology of Desire: Why Addiction Is Not a Disease, by Marc Lewis, Ph.D.
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, by Marianne Williamson
- Backwards: Returning to Our Source for Answers, by Nanci L. Danison
- Conversations with God, by Neale Donald Walsch
- The Shack, by WM. Paul Young
- God Is A Verb: Kabbalah and The Practice of Mystical Judaism, by Rabbi David A. Cooper
- The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended, by Ainslie MacLeod
- Soulful Spirituality: Becoming Fully Alive and Deeply Human, by David G. Benner, Ph.D.
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Near‑Death Experience and Journey into the Afterlife, by Eben Alexander, M.D.
- Messages From The Masters, by Brian Weiss, M.D.
- Journey of Souls, by Michael Newton
- I Am the Word: A Guide to the Consciousness of Man’s Self in a Transitioning Time, by Paul Selig
- Play: How It Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul, by Stuart Brown
- The Road Less Traveled, by M. Scott Peck, M.D.
- The Mind of the Soul, by Gary Zukav & Linda Francis
- Keeping the Love You Find, by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- In the Meantime, by Iyanla Vanzant
- The Truth Will Set You Free, by Alice Miller
- How Full is Your Bucket?, by Tom Rath and Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D.
- Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self, by Sarah Ban Breathnach
- The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Way of The Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman
- The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
- The Artist’s Way, by Julia Cameron
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel H. Pink
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, by Brené Brown
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality, by Pam Grout
- Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life, by Gregg Levoy
Body-Oriented Healing/Pain Management
- You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay
- Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self, by Andoea Judith
- The Edge Effect, by Eric R. Braverman, M.D.
- Spontaneous Healing, by Andrew Weil, M.D.
- Break Through Pain, by Shinzen Young
- The Female Brain, by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- The Male Brain, by Louann Brizendine, M.D.
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers, by Robert M. Sapolsky
- NeuroLogic: The Brain’s Hidden Rationale Behind our Irrational Behavior, by Eliezer Sternberg
- Who Moved My Cheese?, by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- Transitions, by William Bridges
- Necessary Losses, by Judith Viorst
- Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks For Developing Capable Young People, by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D. & H. Stephen Glenn
- Positive Discipline, by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.
- Help Your Child or Teen Get Back on Track, by Kenneth H. Talan, M.D.
- Parenting From the Inside Out, by Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- Fire Child, Water Child: How Understanding the Five Types of ADHD Can Help You Improve Your Child’s Self-Esteem and Attention, by Stephen Cowan, M.D.
- The Highly Sensitive Child: Helping Our Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them, by Elaine Aron
- Trauma-Proofing Your Kids: A Parents’ Guide for Instilling Confidence, Joy and Resilience, by Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline
- Authentic Parenting Power, by Sandi Schwartz
- The Spiritual Child: The New Science on Parenting for Health and Lifelong Thriving, by Dr. Lisa Miller